In this post I am simply going to pose some questions. My own ideas for how to answer them keep changing, and you can find some of these ideas in the other posts on this blog. But really, I would like to know what others think:
- Is language an academic subject or a practical skill?
- How do you turn learning stuff into being able to do stuff?
- How do you know if you’ve taught a good lesson?
- If your students like you, does this mean you’re a good teacher?
- If your students don’t pass the tests, does this mean you’re a bad teacher?
- Is a detailed lesson plan a pre-requisite for a successful lesson?
- How do you measure successful teaching?
- Does being a teacher automatically give you a professional identity?
- How do you know your students have learned anything from your lessons?
- Can students learn language without being taught grammar?
View original post 151 more words